Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Manifesto 2nd draft

As I sit before the computer, froze, thoughts of English 1020 runs through my mind. Very seldom am I at a lost for words, but this is one of those times. I think the problem is that I think that I have no computer skills. I formed that opinion years ago when I found out that I had no typing skills. You computer wiz's may laugh, like I do when I wonder how many of you have even seen a typewriter, (you know the forefather to the computer). But like the typewriter and computer, things evolve, change is inedible, so here I am.
No matter what it takes I've got to keep on keeping on. It's just that this manifesto thing goes against all of my survival skills. I can not remember the last time that someone asked me what was my intentions, but you can bet your last dollar , without fear of losing a dime, that they were less than honorable. It's one thing not to be computer efficient , but then it is totally another to make a game plan in writing. It's almost like leaving incriminating evidence at the scene of the crime. The first rule of street life is to never get caught holding.
Life has always came equipped with change up pitches. I'm gonna is the key to failure, nothing has been written in stone since the ten commandments. I've learned that what is valid today, maybe obsolete tommorrow. Oh yea I know that tommorrow never comes, so it's here today, gone today. Therefore I'll take it one day at a time. In 1975, twenty years seemed an eternity to spend in the Navy, in 1998, I looked up and wondered aloud where did the time go. At best I'll try to remain human (there was a time in my life when I wasn't, maybe I'll tell you about it one day), and remember that you are too. Life is short, this time I'll try to be a better parent and person. I'll be wild enough to be seen, but meek enough not to be obscene. I'll try not to step on your toes, because I know that I will not permit you to stand on mine. I'll be the first to admit when I am baffled. But I 'll also share my experience, strenght and hope. I'll try to live as an open book, remembering that I be the only book that someone may read. Strange but history has it's place too. Today I will remember: I AM TEACHABLE AND NOT A KNOW IT ALL.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Great job. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope that this will be a wonderful experience for you, and I look forward to learning from you too!